Sunday, October 23, 2011

There's a new blog in town

I guess by now you've noticed I started a whole new blog. If you're a brand new reader, then welcome to my brain. You can peep my old blog at www.writeawaywritenow.blogspot.com. What can I say ... I needed a fresh start. When I created that blog back in 2008 (or was it 2007?), it was a random act of boredom with no real direction. I made up the name out of  clichéd thin air, and I never really liked it much.

So nearly four years later, the blog was begging for retirement because I've come a long way since its beginning. Back then, I was about 50 percent fem bot. A struggling student editor, single mother, prospective business woman. I was in a totally different time and place. No really, I was. I've moved, graduated, dumped a big loser, started a business. I'm pretty sure I don't weigh the same as I did back then, but I won't confess in what direction. I've since gotten me a super hot winner who duct taped my broken heart and made me forget all about my past epic relationship fails, and even my 12-year Maxwell crush, which says a lot! (Maxwell's a singer, Google him.) 
For those unfamiliar with the ring of my new name, it's pronounced NO-vella-rella, basically just how it looks. Why the name? Three things inspired it: I wrote a novella, which I'm probably going to turn into an e-book soon. I have a short attention span, hence a novella is a mini-novel and ideal for people who don't have the attention span to write or read a full-length novel. (Fun fact: a novella is book that is usually between 12,000-40,000 words, while a novel is 40,000 and up.) And thirdly, the name just popped in my mind one night during one of my recent bouts of insomnia when the sheep stopped jumping over the fence and The Golden Girls marathon was over.
I can't go to sleep without them.
Take that as you may ...

I have some new and fun ideas for my readers to love me, laugh with me and probably win stuff. :) I've conjured up some pretty cool readership contests, and I plan to pimp them out on facebook and Twitter. So if you want a chance to win, you should probably have the following information.


You can follow me on Twitter: @Neesha101 and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheSweetTalkercom/110993955630284


Don't be a stranger. Stop by, and feed my fish! And help me spread the word about ME by clicking on those sharing options above to post me on Twitter or Fb. Thank for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment