Saturday, November 5, 2011

FUQs of life

Frequently Unasked Questions, that is. Actually, some of these are FAQs but I like FUQs better. Wordplay happens to be my way of living on the edge, so don't judge me. OK, judge me, but only if it's in my favor. Moving on to the main event ...

FUQ #1 Do bumper stickers say a lot about the vehicle owner?

YES. For instance, this person likes Bowie, is proud to be a Celtic, believes that "Dragons love you," is a fan of tattoos by a place called Chicken Wing (an obvious name for such a venue), listens to 90.1 (whatever that is), supports unions and taught me a super cool quote - "Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." See? I would never have known all that about this person if not for the bumper stickers.


FUQ #2 Are high-water, loud-print pajama pants in style for men?

My camera tells me YES, but only at Wal-Mart.


FUQ #3 Do skeletons have feelings?

I got the answer to this FUQ thanks to some Halloween decor I happened to gaze upon just when I had my trusty camera. So do they, indeed, have feelings? Apparently so, and in all the right places.


FUQ #4 Does Nature Valley hate me?

No doubt! Because why else would they make a variety box with regular, peanut butter and cinnamon and then have the regular and peanut butter ones available in their own boxes but NOT the cinnamon when THAT one is my favorite. I've never seen a box of cinnamon ones anywhere, so I'm just gonna go ahead and take it personally.


FUQ #5 What will people miss the most about daytime Soaps?

Oh, that's pretty obvious. The perfect hair and makeup is one thing, even when they just wake up or are lost in the wilderness for days or just got in a near-death accident. Watching their kids grow from birth to teenager in a matter of months. The tacky music that emphasizes their exaggerated facial expressions. Hmm, by looking at this TV screen, I just cannot think of anything else ...


Hope you enjoyed my five FUQs of life. As I always say,

If you enjoyed this post, please share it on Facebook and/or Twitter by clicking on the 'share' icons up top or right below this post!

Until next time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Neesha this title is a best selling book for sure. I hope you have copyright by it's name. I love play on words and although can be perceived a wrong way, it sure as heck gets people's attention and is funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I think you have a point about the book title. :) I have a lot of material on this subject! I tend to be sarcastic and cynical, which is not well received by some, so word play is my work around, lol

    ReplyDelete