Saturday, November 26, 2011

S.T.A.R. saves mojo

I've seen coughs more productive than I've been in the past couple weeks. Somewhere in the mix of not feeling well and every day life, I seem to have lost my mojo in the sea of despair, which led to blogger's block and a lot of IDGAF'ness. But it's resurfacing so no worries! Mojo abductions happen to everyone, but fear not! I've discovered a cure.

Just be a S.T.A.R performer, as in - Stop Trippin' And Refocus! I believe that if this philosophy is used way more often in the world, a lot of missing mojos can be found easily. Yea so I lost mine ... it's cool, not the end of the world. It often leaves without prior notice but always comes back to momma.


S.T.A.R. means whenever I find myself dwelling on a problem like my this hurts and my that hurts and I don't feel well and this person pissed me off, I don't like what my doctor said, my eyeballs keep popping out, etc., etc., I find something else to focus on immediately! Otherwise, I tend to go into bitch mode mixed with hermit mode and my enthusiasm, a.k.a. mojo, vanishes. 

A long, long time ago when I was an innocent but dirty-minded flower, I didn't know what "mojo" meant, and I assumed it was some slang nasty term like mojo = dildo or something along those lines. Austin Powers did NOT help., btw. But NO. It ain't dirty. Let me enlighten those who are unfamiliar with the term. Your mojo is your zeal, the spark in your every step that makes you be as awesome and creative as you can be! No mojo = blah.

In my feeling sick state of mind, I neglected to initiate S.T.A.R while zoning in on my aches and pains and ended up losing my mojo. I'm a perfect example of what not to do. For instance, my disturbing ER experience proved that HIPPA is a joke! I was upset and didn't refocus. I shoulda watched some comedy. If one thing bothers you, shift to something else! You have a headache? Play a soothing song, and take a pill. Kid throwing a tantrum? Walk away, and turn on a TV. Suffering with pains? Tuck yourself in a cozy bed, surround yourself with nice fluffy pillows, and read a good book, take a nap or play Words With Friends or Scrabble on Facebook! Ease stress with a cup of ice cream. Angry at someone? Forget them, and focus on someone who makes you laugh, even if it's a Youtube video like these - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1ekhovFeU or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1ekhovFeU or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1ekhovFeU

For instance, while in bed sick, I read A Thousand Splendid Suns in 3 days, one of the most moving stories I've ever read. That guy can write, wow. LOVED IT! I watched the entire seventh season of The Office on Netflix in 2 days. I totally missed that season because I was busy falling in love all year while it premiered. It was great, but I'm not sure I can hang on without Steve Carell. Jim and Pam are cool but only in small doses. I watched Elf three times with Nabeel.

Let's see ... Oh, and I cooked our Thanksgiving feast. That felt nice. Cajun style fried turkey (courtesy of HEB), corn on the cob with my special garlic butter glaze, cornbread stuffing, regular salad, potato salad, broccoli cheese rice and a to-die-for cheesecake, which is my specialty.

And tonight, I blogged! Not bad for a sicko, right? So thanks for giving me your undivided attention, and I'll see you again soon! :) It's a cold, snuggly, SNL kinda night.

Cheers!

2 comments: