Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Superstar Profile series kickoff

Hello! I've got something new to share with you all today!

This post will be the kickoff of a new blog series I've created called the "Superstar Profile" series. It's my tribute to many of the amazing people I get to meet during this adventurous journey called life. We always rave and follow the lives of celebs in Hollywood (or where ever they roam), and I feel like there are superstars among us who have done some pretty amazing things that deserve as much hype.

With my Superstar Profile series, I will interview various people whose accomplishments have wowed me, inspired me and introduce them to my world! Actors, authors, artists, teachers, business success stories, all kinds of great stuff, so stay tuned!

Tonight you will meet Erica De La Garza! She agreed to be the first in the series, so read on to see our interview ...

Hi Erica! It was so nice to meet you! Thanks for taking the time to sit and girl talk with me.

Nice to meet you, Neesha, and of course, it's my pleasure.

So how does it feel to be the very first of my Superstar profile series?
Amazing! I feel completely honored ... Thanks for having me.

So tell us what part of the world do you live in and visit most often?
Well, currently I'm in a small town called Kenedy, Texas, where I grew up but also in Los Angeles and have been there for the past eight years. I'm pretty much bi-coastal from Texas to California. I mostly visit NYC and Las Vegas as they are very lively cities with lots to do and see.

What's your full name?

Erica Jo De La Garza

Do you have a stage name that you go by as a performer? If so, how did you come up with it?
Erica De La Garza, just cut my middle name because it's very "country" sounding.

Erica De La Garza
OK, gotcha ;-) What do you do for a living, and what do you enjoy most about it?
Actress, model, writer, wanna-be artist, photographer and legal assistant ... I enjoy it all because it's exciting, fulfilling and something different every day.

Nice! A variety of tasks is a great way to keep life interesting. I agree with you there! So ... maybe I ask this because I write space-related stories Monday to Friday, 8 to 5, but I can't help but wonder ... have you ever been to another planet?
In my head, yes.

What’s the most noteworthy accomplishment you can brag about?
I dated John Stamos and was on the “ER” series finale.

Hot Uncle Jesse! He's definitely been on the wish list of ladies across the globe. And kudos for making it on the set of such a successful TV show! If you could be a celebrity for one day, who would it be, and why?


Angelina Jolie because she's so beautiful, does a lot of charity work and has a huge range of being a great mom and action hero at the same time.
What’s the silliest thing you ever did as a kiddo?

I would act out TV scenes by myself and really felt I was on the show “Beverly Hills 90210.”
Describe yourself in three words.
Kind, compassionate and giving.

What factors in your life have motivated you thus far?


My family and determination to help others.
What would people be shocked to know about you?

I'm actually intelligent, read the dictionary daily, and I'm an animal activist.
Do you have any hidden talents unrelated to your profession or goals?

Singing
Name three pet peeves.

Selfishness, deceivers and mean people that hurt animals.
Where do you want to be career-wise five years from now, and how do you plan to get there?

To be successful or working consistently with hard work and dedication.
What’s one good piece of advice you can offer others who have dreams they hesitate to chase in fear of failure?

Don't go on with life unhappily, always wondering “what if.”
If I invaded your fridge right now, what would I find?

Healthy food mostly, tortillas and a box of wine.
What are your favorite methods of stress relief?

The beach, watching movies (my two-hour escape from the real world), wine and spa time.
Have you ever been interviewed before? If so, do tell.

Yes by Lowrider Magazine for an article.
If you won $1,000,000 right now, what’s the first thing you would do?

Give some to my church to rebuild and also give to animal rescue groups.
Is there truly such a thing as failure or must one bandage their wounds and try again? Your POV?

I believe it's all a learning process in life to better oneself. If you fall get back up stronger, better and more confident than you were before.
When people read this interview and/or meet you for the first time, what do you want them to remember you by?

That I'm a sweet loving person with a big heart.
And that you are! Thank you so much, Erica, for sharing your story with us! Best wishes to you and may the new year bring you endless joy and success.
And thank YOU for reading. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment