Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Project 365

Well, here we are. It's 2012. A whole new year. A year I always imagined would be filled with flying cars, robots and food appearing at the push of a button. I guess I saw The Jetsons and Back to the Future too many times as a kid.

I look at every new year as a blank canvas with so many possibilities. I don't necessarily believe in resolutions, but I do believe in goal setting. It's kind of the same thing, but you don't need a new year for goal setting.
 
This blog post kicks off one of my new projects of 2012. The "P365." I tried it last year and failed, not ashamed to admit it. I planned to write a blog post every day of the year but ended at 214. I got distracted by love, marriage, illness and autism. So this year, I'm kind of doing something similar but more flexible. Instead of 365 blog posts, I will attempt to make something cool every day. It can be blog posts, poems, posters, cartoons, short stories, arts & crafts, interesting photos or ... silly visuals.
... sample of a silly visual. =)

2011 was a great year for me. Got a new vehicle after 11 years. I got a wonderful, loving husband.  My business, TheSweetTalker.com, came to life. This new blog was born, and I celebrated old and new friendships.

Here's a list of things I'd like to accomplish in 2012:

  • Publish my book on Kindle Direct Publishing by the end of January 
  • Watch a whole episode of "Psych" without wanting to break my TV
  •  Lose 15 lbs
  • Have a successful P365
  • Learn a new software
  • Take at least 1 writing course
  • Finish writing another book
  • Get a better smart phone
  • Catch up on "Criminal Minds"


No comments:

Post a Comment