Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Superstar Profile Series: Meet Frank Brantley

Hey, good people! Today, I will introduce you to the second guest in my Superstar Profile Series in which I meet really cool people in everyday life who do or have done stuff some of us just dream about. Our acquaintance will be met today by the one and only Frank Brantley!

Frank! Thank you so much for chillin’ with us today. So, my sources tell me that you’re an actor. Do tell.
Yes, I’m an actor and a creative soul. What I love most about it is it allows me to give myself to the audience and best of all, I still get to act like a kid. Most of my friends and family know that I’m a big kid at heart, anyways. I also love that it’s not monotonous.

Frank, just between you and me, have you ever been to another planet?
Not recently, but I’m looking forward to my next trip to the moon.

Cool. I’m very curious about your most noteworthy accomplishment in life, something you can brag about.  What might that be?
I’m gonna have to go back to college and say graduating valedictorian.

Valedictorian!? That word makes me dizzy but in a good way. Is there any other brag-worthy tidbit you keep in your back pocket? You know, something you can dish out at the next cocktail party and have everyone else wishing they had a life.
OK, I got one for you. I recently worked on a film with Robin Givens.

I bet that was something to spectate! Now, let me ask you this. If you could be a celebrity for one day, who would it be and why?

I would be Will Smith for a day, and I think the answer is self-explanatory.
Definitely. Say no more! OK, what’s the silliest thing you ever did as a kid?

Starting fires in a neighborhood ditch.
Describe yourself in three words.

Ambitious, happy,  thankful.
What factors in your life have motivated you thus far?

My mom.
What would people be shocked to know about you?

That I’m a closet nerd. A super closet-nerd.
Do you have any hidden talents unrelated to your profession or goals? Out with it!

I can sing like a black Elvis and a black Frank Sinatra. I’m also good at Riverdancing on the spot whenever necessary.
That sounds like some ideal flash mob material! What’s your most memorable career moment?

A mini-red carpet screening for a film I did several years ago back in Austin.
Where do you want to be career-wise five years from now, and how do you plan to get there?

I wanna be working full-time as an actor and having many options to choose from.  How do I plan on getting there, you ask?  With hard work and the support of my family.

What’s one good piece of advice you can offer others who have dreams they hesitate to chase in fear of failure?
Knuckle up.

What is a must-have that you keep in your fridge?
Meat.

What are your favorite methods of stress relief?
Exercising outside, under the sun.

What's your most commonly used source for keeping up with what's going on in the world?
The Internet, fa sheezy.

Name 2 celebrities you always thought looked eerily alike?
Jason Bateman and Jerry O’Connell.


What’s your next big project and/or goal?
My next big goal is to book a major feature film.

Good luck with that! That’s exciting. Is this what you wanted to do when you were a kid, or were your childhood dreams quite different? What do you recall wanting to be?
Umm, I guess either a football player or architect. The architect dream came true, and I played football in high school.

What do you think is the most commonly used phrase in America right now?
“You clap-having Jezebel.” (I watch too much of The Dave Chappelle Show).

Do you encourage people to follow you via social media?  
No, I’m too busy planning my trip to the moon.

When people read this interview or meet you otherwise for the first time, what do you want them to remember you by after they walk away?
That’s a cool, crazy mutha-fucka.

Indeed! Thanks so much for your time, Frank, and best wishes on all your future endeavors!

Thanks for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment