Sunday, September 9, 2012

Undisguised blessings welcome

So, to pick up where I left off last post, everything did NOT end up OK. The first week of back-to-school for Nabeel was horrendous. Remember how I told you the bus dropped my autistic kid at the wrong school the FIRST day and refused to give him a ride to the correct school? Well, after being promised this was resolved, I felt better for Day 2. The bus showed up, he boarded and buckled up, and I asked them, just to be sure, what school he was going to. Sure enough, the WRONG school ... AGAIN! So while the driver and I were discussing how messed up this whole situation was, poor Nabeel, on his own accord, ran out of the bus and locked himself in my Jeep. It was as if he was saying , "Come on! Are there any competent adults left in the world!? I'm outa here." And I don't blame him. I actually shed tears when he had to get off the bus, because I could feel the humiliation he must have felt in this whirlwind of school district drama that caused him to have to exit the bus in front of everyone, including other students. I had to take time off of work to shuttle him to the right place. And again, his lunch came back untouched, and he had another kid's folder in his backpack and a note stating that he needed lunch money! There was also a discipline form to sign for a general ed. class he was not supposed to be in! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Day 3, he made it to the right school on the right bus. But we had a different problem. No reply to my written note and voice messages regarding what in the world he was eating, why his lunch was untouched and a request to see a printout of his schedule! Day 4, nada! So I called school district officials all the way up the ladder until someone who had power to do something intervened. Not 20 minutes later, I magically received a call from one of his teachers. We talked about all my concerns, and I felt a little better having voiced my issues to her. But we're on week 3 already, and there's not been any true communication since that call, nor an answer to the email I sent days ago. This school year is lookin' grim, but I'm willing to re-evaluate in a few more weeks when a clearer pattern forms.


Oh, and let me not forget how that week ended for me. Friday, after I was breathing easy about school drama, I got laid off. Yep. Laid off. Again. Second time in two years from the same place. Panic mode caused me to forget about Nabeel's school orientation! Missed opportunity to meet these folks whom I NEED to meet very badly.

Job hunting sucks, so I'll have to kick the positive thinking into maximum overdrive to breeze through this. There's a job out there with my name on it, and it shall be mine in due time. Well, hopefully in "bills due" time.

Peace!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Neesha!

    I nominated your blog for a One Lovely Blog Award!
    Hope you can stop by mine to check it out! :)

    http://www.tyrony.com/2012/09/the-best-of-prize-is-surprise-willy.html

    Andreia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andreia! Thanks so much! I did check out your blog, and the blog background is so cool. Thanks for visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete