Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another indie author rises to the top

First off, let me share this great story with you, in case you haven't seen it already on your own or in my Twitter or facebook posts. (Add me, if you haven't already!) Hugh Howey is yet another success story that should serve to inspire the rest of us who hope and dream about this happening to us! -- Check it out.

Hugh Howey doesn't need a publisher, thank you very much

Mr. Independent

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/hugh-howey-doesnt-need-a-publisher-thank-you-very-much/Content?oid=4217361

Yay for you, Hugh!

I've been in a slump the past two days, but I think I'm feeling better now ... two brownies and one ice cream cone later!

I'm so pumped up about writing all these new story ideas I have in my brain. But when I sit in front of the keyboard and monitor sometimes, I dish out the first few chapters like a champ, then get totally stuck. What next? Hello, brain? Anyone home? Nothing. I have a dozen of these half-baked stories on my desktop. Does that happen to any of you, and, if so, how do you combat this plague of creative loss? I think too much sometimes and make things more complex than they need to be. I know I need to just take a deep breath and chill, but, at times, I find that hard to do! I guess I need a log cabin in the woods to write. And how about we toss in a typewriter while we're at it. I wonder if that will motivate me, tp go totally old school. Don't you ever wonder what it was like to clunk out a whole novel on a typewriter? Well, not that I'm a relic or anything, but I do remember in grade school, I had to either hand write all my papers and stories I turned in OR bust out the fancy machinery (the typewriter) for extra points. I also remember handwritten letters I would mail to my family in Trinidad, and the Atari game system. Oh, yea!
 
I've pretty much failed at NaNoWriMo this year, so, meh ... at least I got to 6,000 words, and the same darn thing (as described previously) happened to me! The story was flowing like the Nile, then came to a screeching halt. I'm an editor as well as a writer, so I constantly want to stop and re-read, stop and re-read. I can't shut it off. The good thing about NaNoWriMo is that it gets you in the groove of writing every day, which I do anyway, but it adds a little boost to the process. Don't be shy! Share you November writing success story here. =)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment