Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Live by the words, die by the words

Hello! Hope you're all doing well! First off, let me invite you to hop over and 'like' my facebook page! =)

Secondly, I must say that I am really fed up of hearing people bashing the presidential candidates. Do you really expect ONE man to solve ALL our problems or succeed at EVERYTHING? You don't, so why expect him to. No one runs for president with the intent of bring us down, duhh. I didn't care who won, BUT ... I am a proud American and will cheer on the leader of the free world, whomever it may be, and continue to do MY part in making this country and world a better place. Every president in history has had haters and supporters, fails and successes, so let's hold back the hatred and try to think positively. There's no situation where everyone is ever pleased. We're all in this together, like it or not. Right! So ... onward and upward.

Did you get my title? It's a derivative of the saying "Live by the sword, die by the sword." I love it because "sword" is easily made "words."

Sleep deprivation has been the blog cock blocker the past couple weeks, sorry. Plus, it took me a while to recover from The Casual Vacancy. So, aside from that, I've been busier than a bee, me-thinks. I'm working on part 2 of I of the Storm, my first book that's on Amazon/Kindle. (Look to your left.)
Story attack!

Writers, I'm sure you can relate to this one - I was driving with the radio off early this morning, and a scene just popped in my mind and took over my cognitive thinking. It was one of those overwhelming moments of writer's panic, creating an immediate need to scribble and/or type some brilliant thoughts right away before they vanish forever! Luckily, I was on my way to my mom's and had my laptop. I wrote 700 words in about 20 minutes! A new novel was born. It's actually based on a story I've been pondering since junior high. I have the handwritten version from 7th grade, which is a prized possession. Twenty-three years later, I'm going to turn it into a novel.

November challenge!

Plus, I'm taking part in the NaNoWriMo, novel writing month challenge.I'm assuming November was the chosen month for this because it begins with "Nove."Check out www.nanowrimo.org if you don't know about it. I'm writing a comedy for that endeavor. Come to think of it, how come "Comedy" isn't a commonly-seen book genre? At least, I never see that category when I'm browsing around book-related sites and blogs. I'm a bit behind, but I'm still trying! The site is cool, because it helps you keep track of your word count and how many you need to write per day to meet the goal of 50,000 words by Nov. 30.

Edit to earn credit!

I'm also editing a book for a self-published author, something I greatly enjoy doing! That gives me my editor fix in the midst of all my writing projects. I like to indulge in all facets of writing to upkeep my skills. There's nothing like building that sexy, strong portfolio that's the proof of your awesomeness, right?

Book reviews! Yeeeea!

I love, love, love to read, so reading for the sake of doing book reviews has not yet killed it for me. You know how sometimes when you turn an interest or hobby into a job, or task, it kills the joy and fun of it? So far, I'm still in love with reading, so I'm good. Today, I joined NetGalley! Great site for those who want to dive deeper into book reviewing. It actually thrills me to have a waiting list of books for me to review.

I hope this post was helpful! See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment