Saturday, December 8, 2012

Year-end resolutions: My 2012 bucket list

I don't believe in New Year resolutions. I'm a procrastinator, therefore I worry toward the end of the year about whether or not I've accomplished enough since last January. There are roughly three weeks left of 2012, and I'm sitting here thinking "What the hell have I done with the previous 49 weeks of my life?" Not enough, apparently, otherwise, I wouldn't be wondering, right?

In 2012, I self-published a novel, edited several books for fellow indie authors, tripled my blog following, quadrupled my Twitter following, found resources to help my autistic teenager, got remarried, half wrote a book about autism, make some cool new friends, got laid off and rehired in the same week, re-branded my business, took on a pretty cool part-time job, saw my oldest graduate from high school and start college, and read a ton of outstanding books. (Only focusing on the positives!) Aside from all that, I still feel like I didn't do enough ...

So, I've come up with a list of things I want to do before the stroke of midnight, 2013. A 2012 bucket list, if you will:

  • Finish writing at least ONE short story
  • Learn how to use Rafflecopter
  • Add at least 10 more followers to my blog, fb page and Twitter
  • See The Hobbit with my husband who is an obsessed fan
  • Read 2 more books
  • Submit 5 article queries to magazines
  • Enter a story in 1 contest
  • Lose 5 pounds
  • Take the last week of the year off
  • Complete an arts & crafts project
  • Learn how to make a new dish
  • Write a blog post about how many of these I accomplished.
Is that enough? Meh ... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment