Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A parking ticket and flyer made my day

Hey friends!

I'm staring at the clock, and it's 10:55 p.m. This is one evening I won't complain about going to fast. Today was one of those bittersweet days. Started bitter, ended sweet.

I left my phone home today, so you can imagine my grief. Then, I went to a parent/teacher meeting and realized I forgot my purse with all the paperwork! Then, as I was leaving, I found a parking violation on my windshield even though I was rightfully parked in a visitor spot. I did an angry march back into the front office, and the secretary made a call to the security line to find out the reasoning behind this madness. Well, the parking lot officer thought I was a student trying to park where I wasn't supposed to. I thought, "Hmm, should I be offended or flattered?" Haha! Flattery won. I even forgot about the trouble my sexy Jeep Compass is giving me.

Halfway through the day, in the midst of work stress galore, I got a call from the local librarian who confirmed I would be the spotlighted author on Feb. 14 for their Local Authors Hour event. On Love Day, I get to go give a presentation about my book at the very place I spent much of my childhood days head-first in a book. It's like a small fantasy come true. And I get to spend Love Day among the one material thing I love most in the world -- BOOKS!

I'm about 50 percent finished writing my book about autism, so that's another upcoming feat!

Oh, and how could I forget my babies! Autism didn't win this evening, because he ate his dinner, played some video games, and tucked himself in harmoniously and went to sleep before 10 p.m. My oldest, the aspiring actor and history buff, auditioned for a play this evening at a local college. Fingers crossed he gets the part. These are the days I just take deep breaths, relax, and thank God for every single moment of peace and happiness He allows me to feel and for every tiny speck of success I accomplish doing what I love to do --- Write!

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment