Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book blast from the past

(15/365)

I heard the name Ralph uttered today while I was at the store, and for some reason, it made me remember a book I used to read over and over when I was a kid ... Ralph S. Mouse. That made me remember the author Beverly Cleary, which made me think "Hmm, I wonder what ever happened to her?" And that is how my Web search began ...

This lady is 97 and still spunky! I read her books so much as a kid, yet never knew what she looked like until today. She also wrote the Ramona  books that eventually hit the big screen. That's what she discusses in the video.




She has this really cool interactive website that is perfect for kids. Check it out - Beverly Cleary

I applaud those who have been able to make book writing their career. So many of us dream that dream, don't we? 




2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster blog award to accept just go to http://notjustaonenightstand.blogspot and follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather. I'll check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete