Saturday, August 31, 2013

New cover reveal: I of the Storm

Greetings, everyone! I have something special to share with you today. It has to do with my debut fiction book, I of the Storm, that I self-pubbed last year (the one to your left). It was a novella, but as I was pondering some ideas for book 2, I reread it to remind myself of the details I'd written. In doing so, I decided it had great potential to be a full-length novel. (I tend to write short pieces because I have a short attention span.) So, I sat down one Sunday and started tweaking. Next think I knew, I had fattened it by 20,000 words, which meant 5 new chapters and lots more detail and depth! I elaborated on lots of things I'd want to know if I was a reader and not the author. I'm looking it over once more, and it should be relaunched and republished during this wonderful holiday weekend. I hope you all will give it a chance, and take a peek at the new and improved version.

Now, I will share with you all the book's new face! Are you ready? Enjoy this funny ecard, then keep scrolling.


And here, I present you with the new cover for my book!! 
It kind of helps to be married to a talented graphic designer. He did a superb job on Storm's face lift. =)  




Being struck by lightning as a child sets Kira on an adventurous path of discovery. The "shocking" accident changes her forever, creating a secret door in her mind that gives her second-sight. Feeling as though she is stalked by death, her childhood is plagued with spooks and mysterious encounters. As she enters adulthood in the arms of an abusive husband, her life becomes a riveting series of events after pregnancy unlocks that door and connects her to yet another realm of existence. Her guiding light is the supernatural as she begins to have visions that lead her through some spine-tingling revelations about her husband, the man whose cruelty she endures and whose rigorous rules she obediently follows … until the day she makes the ultimate discovery. He’s not just Mr. Wrong; he’s something much worse. Kira must decipher her visions before it’s too late.

3 comments:

  1. :) The Kindle file should be live by 9 p.m. Can't wait 'til this is in the bag so I can focus on the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new cover looks great! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete