Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A writer's favorite word: published!

For the past week, I've been furloughed no thanks to the government shutdown. Yep, I'm one of the 800,000 people home without pay. It's sad, but I'm not one to mope. I'm more of a glass-half-full kind of gal. With my unexpected free time, I've been trying my best to BE A WRITER. I mean, I am a writer, but because of my usual 8-5 duties, mom duties, household duties, and all else, I hardly get serious writing time. I'm sure many of you can relate!

Ironically, during this furlough, I've been hugely productive. The best news is that an article I wrote about childhood bullying was published in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive for Kids! I'm on page 166 if you ever decide to check it out. This is huge for me because I was in a slump for quite some time being a stressed out autism mom and totally lost my mojo. I randomly submitted my story to them, and when I got that email of acceptance, I literally shrieked. It has inspired me to kick it into overdrive and write as much as I can while I'm not working. To a write, seeing that byline in print is just invigorating. I want more! And I'm going to work hard for it.


I'd like to share something else with all of you. I recently discovered the wonder of Fiverr.com, and I purchased some promo gigs from others, plus I signed up as a seller. If you're an author, I'm an author too plus a professional editor. I added a couple services that you might want to check out. Here they are:

Get your bio, welcome, or about me page proofread for $5!
http://fiverr.com/neesha101/proofread-your-bio-welcome-or-about-me-page

I'll edit the first 5 pages of your book & provide feedback for $5!
http://fiverr.com/neesha101/edit-the-first-5-pages-of-your-book

If you or any other writers you know could benefit from these affordable deals, please share this post. I like to do anything I can to help and support fellow writers, plus I'd love the business. I love my work, and I want to do it all I can. I have lots more to say about this topic, so I'll write more on it tomorrow, so come back!

Hope your week is going nicely.





No comments:

Post a Comment